How to Have Renehan Build Your Dream Home
Our process begins and ends with you-our customer. Through a series of meetings, we determine exactly what your goals are and develop a process that meets your needs and fits your lifestyle. We thoroughly discuss the entire process of constructing a home so you plainly understand the entire process.
We discuss your expectations of me and what will be expected of you through the process. You will clearly understand the time commitments and job budgets.
To capture every detail of what you would like in your new home – we walk you through an in-house developed customizer. We review everything from wall heights to paint colors. Not until we both have a complete picture of you home and each one of your goals have been met, do we begin construction.
Throughout our construction process, we encourage customer involvement. We expect periodic walk thru’s and welcome suggestions. We pride ourselves on neat, safe job sites that are customer friendly.
Upon completion we walk the home, after it has been professionally cleaned, noting any areas needing attention. Those areas are then fixed within 30 days.
Our commitment continues even after you move in and as your home settles. At the 1 year mark, we will again come through and repair any areas needing attention. At Renehan Building Group, we pride ourselves in personal customer service.
How to Purchase a Renehan Building Group Home Under Construction
- Realtor Cooperation Policy Renehan Building Group welcomes buyer broker and sub-agency cooperation. To be recognized, your real estate agent must accompany you on your initial visit to the homes or office. A copy of the broker cooperation policy is available upon request.
- Initial Deposit A one thousand dollar ($1,000.00) refundable deposit will hold your home site for a period of ten (10) days. During this period, you should schedule an appointment with our representative to review the structural options that are available in order to customize your home. All changes that involve the foundation, garage size and orientation, additions and basement height must be noted at the time you sign the agreement of sale.
- Agreement of Sale At the signing of the agreement of sale, ten percent (10%) of the base price of your home is required. Also, a fifty percent (50%) deposit is required for all options, upgrades and the lot premium. The one thousand dollar ($1,000.00) initial deposit will be applied toward the purchase price. At this time, you will choose all the structural options that affect the foundation of the home.
- Home Customizer & Options Two (2) weeks after signing the agreement of sale, you will meet with a Renehan Building Group Design Coordinator to choose your options. At this time, you will choose all of your cabinetry, counter tops, vanity tops, flooring, carpeting, fixtures, trim, paint color and finishes. Within thirty (30) days, all selection sheets must be completed, signed, and returned to our office.
- Mortgage Within ten (10) days after signing the agreement of sale, you must make application for a mortgage. Please check with our representative before locking into a rate, since the settlement date on the agreement of sale is a projected date.
- Scheduling of Settlement Approximately four weeks after framing has been completed, a tentative settlement date will be scheduled. Approximately six weeks prior to the completion of your new home, you will receive written notification of your actual settlement date. Settlements will be held at Renehan Building Group offices, located at 318 E. King Street, Malvern, PA 19355 or our Title company.
- Pre-settlement Inspection and Orientation You will have a pre-inspection walk through of your new home prior to settlement. Generally, this takes place on the day of settlement. At this time, you will be able to write down any items that need attention. These items will be corrected within thirty (30) days after settlement.
- One Year Punch List After settlement, keep a list of any items that need to be corrected. On the one year anniversary of your settlement, send this list to our office via the online Build Right system. Our customer service representative will contact you concerning this list and schedule any necessary service appointments.
Congratulations on your purchase of a Renehan Building Group Home!